Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Challenge: Ice Cream Sundae

Ice cream sundae day!!! I looooooove ice cream. If you haven't have Bluebell, you haven't lived. Or had ice cream. Their Homemade Vanilla cannot be beat and they also have other amazing flavors like Banana Split and Blackberry Cobbler. Ugh my mouth is water just thinking about it. Also I really really love homemade ice cream! Two summers ago we lost our ice cream maker and looked all over town for a new one. Best homemade ice cream topping: Butterfinger. Oh. Man. Anyways, I'm kinda anal about food, so when I eat ice cream, I mix everything up so it's equally distributed through the ice cream. I feel like picking exactly what will go in each bite isn't fair to all the ingredients...weird, I know.


For this mani representing sprinkles mixed into my ice cream, I used two coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu, one coat of a Love & Beauty glitter (silver, red and blue), then DTMT, then glitter, then two more coats of DTMT. I really like how this turned out, even if it is more patriotic that anticipated haha.


I love jelly sandwiches! Even though this has several layers, after SV, it didn't really take that long for it to dry :)




Make sure you check out the other awesome blogs participating in the challenge! Click the image above if you'd like to join us!

Debbie at The Crumpet
Danielle at Little Book of Beauty
Neivys at Maquiclub Girl
Arlene at Nails and Vanities
Helena at Nail Wish
Róisín at Cuti-Clue-Les
Laurie at Dressed Up Digits
Lucie at Lucy's Stash
Emma at  Manicurity
Vic at Glowstars
Jackie at Mema's Manis
Rychelle at Colorsplash Nails
Stella at My Wet Nails
Missy at Missy's Manis
Christine at Lost in My Reverie
Bazzia at Polish My Mind
Michelle at Lacquer or Leave Her
Nikki at Lil Green Heart
Shayleen at Simply Handy All Year
Nayade at Toxic Vanity Toxic Vanity
Karen at Nails by Kaybel


1 comment: