Monday, July 16, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do Monday: Magnetic Gradient

A while ago Laurie from Dressed Up Digits did this awesome magnetic gradient manicure. If you're not following her, you definitely should. She has some awesome manicures. A recent favorite: seashells. Fabulous! Anyways, I saw I had 3 unused Icing/Claire's Magnetix polishes in my untried bin and figured this would be a good way to use them.


I started with a layer of the silver and then did a gradient sponge over with the silver, gold and blue. Once I that was dry I put a non-fast dry top coat over it to make it wet again. I had to use Gelous because that was the only non-fast dry clear polish I had haha. 


Then I held the magnet over it like usual. All my gradients resembled the one of my middle finger, but I didn't hold the magnet to it fast enough, so less of the contrasting particles were pulled up. I still like it even if it wasn't as smooth as Laurie's :)


Check out the other awesome blogs participating in Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays! If you'd like to participate, click on the badge at the top of the page and join the facebook group!


Amber at Amber Did It
Debbie at The Crumpet
Emily Esqueleta at Macabre Manicures
Emma at Manicurity
Gwenn at Sweet Sugar
Helena at Nail Wish
Kirsten at Geeky Owl
Kristin at Manicured Monkey
Laurie at Dressed Up Digits
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Nayade at Toxic Vanity
Neivys at Maquiclub Girl


1 comment:

  1. This is such a neat idea. I would have never thought to do a gradient with a magnetic polish. Good idea for MSMD.

    ReplyDelete