Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Feast of the Assumption

Hey guys! Today is a Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics. On this day we celebrate the assumption of Mary into Heaven. I decided to do my nails for the occasion because I really wanted to use my Mary stamp!


I used a blue and white color scheme, which it pretty common for anything Marian. I started with two coats of Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum. This polish is amazing! Seriously gorgeous. This is the second time I've worn it.


Then I stamped the opening words of the Hail Mary prayer (which conveniently are both four letters) with Konad M17 and M18 using Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue, which is freakin fantastic for stamping. Then I used images from Konad S3 for the praying hand and Mary on my thumb.


I really like how this turned out and it was a pretty big hit with my Catholic friends :)

2 comments:

  1. Loving that Dollish Polish. Reminds me of a robin's egg. BTW, I nominated you for the Liebster award here http://lacqueredlibra.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete