Sunday, January 29, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 29-Inspired by the Supernatural

One day I was on Stumbleupon between classes and somehow started stumbling in the oddities section. I stumbled on a website devoted to the supernatural occurrence of spontaneous combustion. It was really interesting. I love reading about weird stuff like that. Anyways, when trying to come up with a supernatural mani, I thought of this.
Doing a person spontaneously combusting was a little too dark for me, so I just drew the flames. I love watching fire. And throwing certain things in the fire will make it change colors. My favorite I've seen so far: Christmas lights. My grandma had some that stopped working so she just threw them in our fire. It turned blue and turquoise and was amazing! Anyways, I really like this mani, even if the flame on my index finger looks like a teepee. I like how the glitter in the yellow kinda looks like sparks in a flame.
Colors used: Sally Hansen Black Platinum (2 coats), Prisma Colors Yellow, China Glaze Peachy Keen, a Wet n Wild bronzy color that isn't labelled, OPI Color So Hot it Berns, OPI Brisbane Bronze. What do  
you think?


Also doing this challenge is Emma of Manicurity, Bec at Laquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Kirsten at Geeky Owl, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis. You should definitely check these lovely ladies and their nails out!


2 comments: