Sunday, January 22, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 22 Inspired By a Song

For today's challenge my mom suggested a lot of songs. Really old songs. They didn't really inspire me. And then I wanted to pick a Beatles song. I thought Eleanor Rigby would be super cool, but decided I didn't want to try to paint a face in a jar by the door in nail polish. I decided to go to my iTunes and look at my most played songs. And then one of them really appealed to me...

Firework! Originally by Katy Perry, but the one I listen to all the time is the Glee Project version. Cameron Mitchell was my favorite and I especially love his part in the song. It's one of my go-to jam songs :)

I showed you my right hand first because I think it actually came out better than the left hand. I started with two coats of Sinful Colors What's Your Name for a night sky and then decided it would be a good idea to file my nails. Hence the lack of polish on some tips. I'm really impatient and I just wanted to file my nails and go to bed haha. Said filing also resulted in my weirdly short index nail on the left hand. I got a little too enthusiastic with the file :(

Today after church I added the fireworks with a striping brush. I used Color Club Foil Me Once topped with Color Club Candy Cane, Color Club Perfect Mol-ten topped with Color Club Beyond the Mistletoe, Color Club Hot Like Lava topped with Sally Hansen Rockstar Pink, Wet n Wild The Bold & The Beautiful topped with China Glaze Ultamate Holiday and Color Club Cold Metal topped with Color Club Jingle Jangle.

On the left hand I used the same colors but arranged in different order. I used the striping brush on most of these, except the thumb and ring finger. I used a needle marbling type effect and then went over it with glitter on the striping brush. I decided I liked the brush technique better, but my thumb nail is growing on me.

Side by side. I really love this one. :) And now the song that inspired it!


Also doing this challenge is Emma of Manicurity, Bec at Laquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Kirsten at Geeky Owl, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis. You should definitely check these lovely ladies and their nails out!

1 comment: