Monday, January 9, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 9-Rainbow Nails

I love rainbow. A lot. It's like an alphabet for colors. I once made my brother arrange a display by color (because it couldn't be done by alphabet). He though I was insane. Anyways here's the beautiful rainbow I picked out for today:
Cosmetic Arts pink, Sally Hansen Cherry Red, Love and Beauty coral, Cosmetic Arts yellow, Icing green mini, Cosmetic Arts blue-green, Love and Beauty blue, China Glaze First Mate, L.A. Colors purple, Cosmetic arts bright purple. I didn't realize how many unnamed colors I'd chosen until I typed them all out. Wow.

I decided to paint each nail a different color and then add polka dots. I was inspired by this mani. I did it on my mom a couple of days ago and then wanted to try it again. Here's her's.

And mine:
I like hers a lot better. I kinda wish I had just left it a plain skittle mani. Although it has grown on me since last night. I think I tried to put too many dots on a few of the nails. And my polish was kinda drying out when I dotted my right hand. Here's a couple of my favorites from this mani.

I really love this base color. It's much brighter in real life. And I love the blue and purple on it.

I like the color combo on this one. And if this hadn't been the last nail I did, I'd like the execution much more. Those red ones...

This is my favorite. I got the most of the rainbow on this one. And this red is really pretty :) I just looked down on my nails again, and I think I like them a little more now. Now to decide what to do for tomorrow.

Also doing this challenge is Emma of Manicurity, Bec at Laquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Kirsten at Geeky Owl, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis. You should definitely check these lovely ladies and their nails out!

No comments:

Post a Comment