Friday, January 20, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 19-Galaxy Nails


This was my second attempt at galaxy nails. I loved my first ones a lot. These...not so much. Everyone says "They're so easy! It's impossible to mess up!". And I thought they were completely right the first time. Then I did them again. And they were so cool! Until I went too far. I kept adding and it ruined them :(
I was doing these at night in a poorly lit room, so this is the best picture I got from before all the sponging. I started out with a Love and Beauty polish that I thought was a purple/blue/black multichrome. When I put it on the nail it looked more green. According to the label this color was "Royal". Then I used a Love and Beauty glittery black, topped off with Finger Paints Motley.
Then I sponged with Hard Candy Beetle and Zoya Paz. And it looked SO COOOOL! Then I added Orly Au Champagne. And I covered up all the awesome below it. I tried to get it back by randomly layering all the other stuff back. I got it somewhat acceptable and then added hex glitter stars. I tried using a dotting tool the first time and didn't really care for the stars that way. I liked this method much better.

Polishes used: Love and Beauty Royal, Black, Finger Paints Motley, Hard Candy Beetle, Zoya Paz, Orly Au Champagne, Love and Beauty Silver.

Also doing this challenge is Emma of Manicurity, Bec at Laquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Kirsten at Geeky Owl, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis. You should definitely check these lovely ladies and their nails out!


No comments:

Post a Comment