Friday, January 13, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 13-Animal Print



For today's challenge, I wanted to think outside of the box and do an animal print I hadn't seen done before. Since it's the State Reptile of Texas, I chose the horny toad. I looked up horny toads on Wikipedia and apparently they aren't toads or frogs at all. They're actually lizards (which makes sense because they're the state reptile...not amphibian). The ones that live in my area are Texas Horned Lizards, which is good because they're the cutest. Take a look.

Adorable, right? You might not think so, but I really like lizards. Especially small ones. I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Trendsetter and then stamped with Color Club and BM 215.



It's too dark and green to match a horny toad, but I still like this manicure a lot more than I thought I would. Especially since I really hated Trendsetter when I got it. But for $1.35, I can't really complain.








Also doing this challenge is Emma of Manicurity, Bec at Laquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis. You should definitely check these lovely ladies and their nails out!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out awesome! Love it! I've given you the Kreativ Blogger Award! Check it out: http://geekyowl.blogspot.com/2012/01/kreativ-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete